Thursday, December 27, 2007

How they got their first home

Hey blog fans,
I though you might enjoy stories of people buying their first or second homes. Here is our first story from Steve Hackney of Learning RX.................enjoy.



I had been driving and looking. We like older houses with "Character". I found one that looked interesting and called the agent we had been talking to. He did everything but refuse to show it. He told me I wouldn't like it, it was too old, too many repairs, etc.

The agent and his agent wife drove up, (in matching Mercedes), and opened up for us. We walked into a house with multiple broken windows, holes from the roof all the way through the ceiling, backed up plumbing, trash from transient occupants, (squatters), nasty carpet, holes in the walls, multiple unorthodox room arrangements and construction projects.

I walked through the house, turned to the agent and said, "My wife will love it!" He thought I was nuts, and continued to try to talk me out of it.

I called my wife. She drove over, walked in, looked around, and said, "It's us!" The agent and his agent wife were now convinced that we were nuts, but we bought the house anyway. We have lived there for just over 15 years, and it is almost done.

Steve Hackney
Director, LearningRx Victor Valley
16192 Siskiyou #1
Apple Valley, CA 92307
Office: 760-242-9893
Direct: 760-403-4084
s.hackney@learningrx.net

No comments: